Campaign Metrics and Assessment
Metrics can be used to assess results of and modify all types of marketing communications campaigns. This course includes a survey of assessment platforms and explores optimal ways of tracking and communicating metrics to stakeholders.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of DMC 673, students will be able to:
- Identify key performance indicators from a variety of metrics to track the results of a marketing communications campaign.
- Select data sources that can be used to evaluate the achievement of key performance indicators.
- Write clearly defined and measurable campaign objectives that identify the anticipated campaign outcomes.
- Compute campaign return on investment (ROI) to evaluate marketing communications expenditures versus impact on brand.
- Design campaign tracking methods and dashboards to assess and improve effectiveness during the marketing communications campaign and communicate with key stakeholders.
- Evaluate available campaign assessment tools and platforms.
Topics in this course include:
- Marketing Metrics & Evaluating Success
- Standard Metrics for Both Online and Offline Marketing
- Digital Marketing Introduction and eCommerce
- Owned Site KPIs
- Paid Search/Display
- Social & Earned Media
- Email, CRM & A/B Testing
The course description information above was taken directly from the syllabus of a recent section of this DMC course. While it is our intent to provide an accurate overview of the class, please note that courses are updated every term and this information is subject to change in future sections without notice.