Messaging for Customer Relationship Management
This course examines customer relationship management (CRM) as a key strategic process for organizations. This class considers ways to assess the value provided by customers and optimize decisions designed to increase this value over time. We will explore the promise and perils of customer relationship management (CRM) with an eye toward understanding the optimal manner to incorporate CRM into everyday corporate practice. In this class, we will focus principally on developing the conceptual insight and understanding necessary for the successful use of CRM. Real world examples and cases will be presented to illustrate how CRM can and has been used to change and build business, strategically and managerially.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of DMC 674, students will be able to:
- Define the role of customer relationship management (CRM) in driving customer retention and acquisition.
- Explain how CRM messaging can improve marketing, sales and customer support.
- Predict customer lifetime value and assess how an optimized messaging approach can build customer loyalty.
- Design a CRM message map to deliver targeted messages for customer engagement.
- Compare and contrast available multi-channel messaging platforms that are used to automate, target and personalize campaigns.
- Interpret real-time reporting to identify actionable insights.
- Understand the role that CRM plays in modern managerial decision making.
- Identify techniques that can be used to increase the value of customers to the company.
- Apply analytic procedures that allow optimal deployment of these techniques.
- Identify what technologies exist for increasing customer value and aiding managerial response.
- Understand the typical problems that companies encounter in updating their CRM strategy.
Topics in this course include:
- The State of Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Value and Strategic CRM
- Implementing the Strategy and Analytics
- Data Mining and Database Management
- Loyalty Programs and Campaign Management
- Impact of CRM on Marketing Channels, Customer Relationship Management Issues in the Business-To-Business Context, and Customer Privacy Concerns
- Applications of CRM in B2B and B2C Scenarios
The course description information above was taken directly from the syllabus of a recent section of this DMC course. While it is our intent to provide an accurate overview of the class, please note that courses are updated every term and this information is subject to change in future sections without notice.