Data Marketing Communications Campaigns
A rigorous and comprehensive capstone course that requires DMC students to develop a thoughtful and professional data-driven marketing communications campaign for a real-world client. Students will demonstrate mastery of the data-driven marketing communications planning process and knowledge and skills learned throughout the graduate program.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of DMC 680, students will be able to:
- Identify the elements of a data driven marketing communications campaign.
- Select data sources that will maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of lead generation, customer acquisition and customer retention activities.
- Use data to produce strategies and tactics to precisely target messaging, offers and content.
- Interpret predictive analytics to leverage insights and identify marketing communications opportunities to drive growth.
- Design a data driven marketing communications campaign that supports a brand’s sales and communications objectives.
- Evaluate analytics and measurement tools that can be used to determine campaign effectiveness.
Topics in this course include:
- The State of Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Value and Strategic CRM
- Implementing the Strategy and Analytics
- Data Mining and Database Management
- Loyalty Programs and Campaign Management
- Impact of CRM on Marketing Channels, Customer Relationship Management Issues in the Business-To-Business Context, and Customer Privacy Concerns
- Applications of CRM in B2B and B2C Scenarios
The course description information above was taken directly from the syllabus of a recent section of this DMC course. While it is our intent to provide an accurate overview of the class, please note that courses are updated every term and this information is subject to change in future sections without notice.